Amy leaves Blue Bloods after 7 Seasons

Amy Carlson as Linda Reagan
Sabrina
Admin / Mod
Admin / Mod

Amy leaves Blue Bloods after 7 Seasons

Post by Sabrina » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Time to move on!
This might be just the professional freedom she needs to boost her career :thumbs:
www.earnthenecklace.com wrote:
Linda Reagan, who played police detective Danny Reagan’s wife on the show, died in a helicopter crash while transporting a victim...
She was an ER nurse and an important part of the series right from season 1.
Amy Carlson, who played Linda, sent fans a goodbye message.

A Fatal Helicopter Crash

In a surprising twist to the series, it is revealed at the beginning of season 8 that Danny Reagan’s (Donnie Wahlberg) wife died in a helicopter crash while on the job...
...many people are upset with the showrunners for killing off Linda, as she was an important character, and audiences had grown to love her since season one of the show.
Amy Carlson wrote:
OPEN LETTER TO MY FRIENDS AND FRIENDS OF BLUE BLOODS
My heart is full of gratitude to each of you for your generous support of me and my character for the last seven years of Blue Bloods - Linda Reagan. I have been touched by your compassion and enthusiasm. I loved playing Linda: wife to Danny, mother to Jack and Sean, nurse and working mom. I'm proud of my contributions to building this series. I'm so grateful to CBS and the Blue Bloods cast and crew. Mostly, I am grateful to the fans who have supported me and the show. Peace, blessings and 'love you mores' to all of you. Warmly, Amy Carlson.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

thisismars

Re: Amy leaves Blue Bloods after 7 Seasons

Post by thisismars » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:16 pm

I totally agree that this might be good for Amy's career, and as a fan of Will, I personally think he should do the same she did, but I can't help but miss her every single episode of Blue Bloods! She was a great character and whenever she had a proper solid storyline, I always loved that! Being a nursing student myself, I loved her character so much because she always did things so well, and she did all things I'm being taught and it was great to see her in action, saving lives, a little differently than the other Reagans.

It was sad to see her go and I don't think the writers approached Linda's death the best way... but let's see how it goes!

Mars